Carrot chutney - was one of long pending dish to experiment. Bought some fresh carrots from groccessories today which tempted me to try this.
Carrot - 2 nos
Coconut - 2 tbsp
Peanuts - 2 tbsp
Fried gram - 1/2 tbsp
Urad dhal - 2 tbsp
Tamarind - small gooseberry size
Dry chilles - 3 Nos
Asafoetida - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard - 1 tsp
urad dhal - 1 tsp
Curry leaf - a few
- In a kadai, heat 1 tsp of oil and fry urad dhal, peanut, coconut, asafoetida and red chilli until it turns golden brown and keep it aside
- In the same pan heat 1 tsp of oil and fry the grated carrots for few minutes until the raw smell goes off.
- Allow it to cool and grind this with slat , tamarind and a few water.
- Now heat 1 tsp of oil and add items under tadka one by one and add to the chutney
- Yummy chutney is ready and goes well with dosa and idli
Thanks for Visiting